Wednesday, June 19, 2013

i (don't) mind you coming here and wasting all my time

Dearest academia,

Thank you for making a job search in academia/research the world's cruelest scavenger hunt.

As a neuroscientist. I have used some of the following sites to look at positions:

Professional Society page (Sfn's Neurojobs, APA)
University-specific HR page (Research, Staff, Administration positions)
Research-specific Department page (Postdoc positions)
Academic Unit Page (Professor and Lecturer positions)

Commercial job search pages (monster, careersearch, etc)
Higheredjobs (Teaching/Administration positions)


It's all so disenfranchised that I've found myself emailing people about job postings with submission dates from months past.



Learn from my mistakes: Having a life outside of research is just trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment